Simplifying our Lives
"By super-simplifying everything inside the company we can afford to spend a lot more time outside – with consumers, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders."
- A. G. Lafley, CEO, Procter & Gamble
Dearest Alex and Audrey,
Although the quote above is intended for business environment, I do believe that it relates quiet well to our personal lives as well. Often time we are very busy multitasking with so many activities such as schooling, working, side business, hobby, meeting friends, email, traveling, job search, learning new languages, meeting new friends etc. and we forgot what are truly important in our lives.
Having been facing the same situation at the moment, the quote hit me directly and made me realize what I need to do with my life. Anna and I are waiting for the birth of Faye Marie Chen Setiawan; while at the same time, I am facing career difficulties in the office and uncertainties about where we are going to be in the next three months. And the challenge doesn’t seem to get any easier.
I think it will help me and everyone around me much if I simplify and prioritize my life accordingly, so I can spend more time with the people who truly close in my hearts, you both, Faye Marie and Anna.
Love you always,
Dad
Dad


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home